Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is your encryption standard for patient data?
Answer: We use the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for encryption of all patient information. This encryption method was established by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology.
2. How many rooms can be scheduled with the BHS scheduling system?
Answer: Up to 6 rooms can be scheduled with one provider account
Note: Organizations needing to schedule more than 6 rooms will need an independent Balanced Health Services system.
3. Do providers have to use all Balanced Health Services systems?
Answer: No, use only the systems that meet your needs.
4. Are your systems HIPAA compliant?
5. When are providers paid for services sold in the Marketplace?
Answer: 30 days after fees are collected
6. Can you tell me a few of the largest organizations for whom you have worked?
Answer: NYU Medical Center, AT&T, The Federal Government, Cablevision, and Dreyfus Mutual Funds
7. What happens if I want to cancel my account or stop practicing?
Answer: You will always have access to your medical records even if you retire or cancel your account. You can take as long as you need to transfer charts to another system or simply let us store your charts for you.
8. What happens if I sell my practice?
Answer: You can transfer your account to the new owner. Your provider services representative will work with you to help facilitate the transfer.
9. How often are my records backed up?
Answer: Your records are double encrypted and backed up daily to a remote server.
10. When a medical claim is processed where is payment sent?
Answer: Payments are sent directly to the provider office.
11. Can I simply list my health care services in the Marketplace?
Answer: Yes, a Balanced Health Services provider services representative will help you with your listing.
Note: By listing your services in the marketplace you can also use our online appointment scheduling and electronic Medical Records system at no cost to your office. There is no obligation to use these systems we simply provide them free of charge to our providers.
12. Can we just use your medical billing services?
Answer: Yes, a Balanced Health Services provider services representative will help you get started with billing.
Note: By using our billing services you can also use our online appointment scheduling and electronic medical records system at no cost to your office. There is no obligation to use these systems we simply provide them free of charge to our providers.
13. Can Balanced Health Services create a custom first visit form that meets the needs of my office?
Answer: Yes, we can create custom web based first visit form to meet the needs of your office. You will be given an exact price / time estimate for this service. It usually takes 5 to 15 hours of work to create a custom first visit form.
14. What is the refund policy on deals purchased in the Marketplace?
Answer: Customers have 7 days to request a refund on new purchases.
15. Why should my office go paperless?
1) The BalancedHealthServices.com electronic medical records system is more affordable than maintaining paper charts.
2) The planet needs your help. 2015 was the hottest year in recorded history
3) Going paperless will greatly reduce the amount of money you spend on office supplies.
4) Doctors who accept Medicare but don't have an EMR system in place by 2015 will have their reimbursement rates reduced by 1%, 2% in 2016, 3% in 2017, and 4% in 2018.
5} It's just a matter of time before private insurance carriers implement penalties for providers not using EMR system.
16. What type of providers do you work with?
Answer: We work with individual providers of all specialties, small groups and large organizations. Some of the provider types include Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Dentists, Massage Therapists, Medical Doctors, Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Optometrists, Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, Wellness Coaches, and other health related service providers.
17. Can a large group practice have an independent Balanced Health Services system?
Answer: Yes, large groups with multiple offices can have an independent system.
18. What can a patient see when they schedule an appointment?
Answer: Patients can only see available appointment times.
19. Can you upload images and documents to a patient chart?